The NatWest U19 Club T20 is coming back to Somerset this summer after another fantastic summer of action in 2016!
What is U19T20?
- It’s a vibrant competition that lets young players take ownership within their club.
- Young players compete in fast paced matches with and against their friends in a great social atmosphere.
- It offers a format of cricket to inspire and enthuse young people to stay in the game at their clubs.
With over 650 clubs taking part nationally (35 in Somerset), wearing coloured kit, playing music and smashing a pink ball around, the impact was huge:
- 97% of ‘at risk’ players said they were now more likely to continue playing next year.
- 2 in 3 clubs saw players returning to play.
- 75% of players also became ‘volunteers’ to help set up matches.
What can we expect if we enter?
Participating clubs can expect the following:
- Free online training for volunteers.
- Access to discounted T20 kit both locally & nationally
- Support package from ECB & SCB – including activation pack, player statistics package and interaction on social media.
- Pink U19T20 balls.
- 4 – 6 U19T20 fixtures, leading to a county finals day
Once clubs have entered, the Somerset Cricket Board will place teams into leagues based on geographical location by Monday 8th January 2017, with fixtures to be played at convenient times for clubs between late June and early August. A decision on the format of County Finals Day & any possible rounds after the group stages will be made once SCB know the number of teams who have entered.
Your U19 team will be invited to a launch meeting in early 2017 to help you take ownership of the competition and organise your own match day experience. 2016 saw clubs do some of the following:
- Coloured clothing
- Player profiles/match programme
- Team dugout areas
- Club junior section- Guard of Honour
- 4 and 6 cards
- Social media coverage
My club are interested but not sure we have enough players?
The competition is open to players between the age of 14-19 and SCB are happy for amalgamated teams to enter. This will enable a joint club entry which may suit smaller clubs.
How do we enter?
Somerset Clubs are now able to formally enter the 2017 competition by clicking here
The cost of entry to affiliated clubs is £45, which includes the provision of pink match balls for every game.
All entries should be completed and returned by Saturday 31st December 2016.
Still not sure?
If you are still not ready for “Blast Off” then click here to watch this short video on what you could be involved in this summer.
Current List of Entries
Bridgwater Red Sox
Clevedon Coast Busters
Shapwick & Polden Scorchers
“The Saints” (Taunton St Andrews)